1. Article: Thai train derails, killing eight (The Star) – a train from Trang bound for Bangkok derailed near the town of Hua Hin.
2. Update: Subang Alam – Putra Heights residents have updated their blog on the LRT extension – http://saphlrttaskforce.blogspot.com/
3. Letter: Improve Cheras transport system (Malay Mail) – another letter in support of LRT to Cheras. [TRANSIT: Prasarana, hopefully you now understand why the public display process should be broken down into multiple stages.]
4. Article: Integrate services at Weld Quay (The Star) – The Penang Government wants to have Weld Quay as a major intermodal public transport hub.
5. Article: Malaysian Student In France Wants To Put Public Transport On Track (Bernama) – discusses a Malaysian student who has studied the public transport system of Nice, France, while living there as a student.
6. Article: Reserve land sites for parking (Malay Mail) – the Selangor government will sell land at TNB reserves for parking usage in Petaling Jaya. One area targeted is the Taman Bahagia LRT station.
7. Article: Live news for bus commuters (The Star) – Commuters on RapidKL buses can look forward to more interesting ads and programmes from Asia Media’s Transit-TV next year. [TRANSIT: Thank goodness! We were getting slightly tired of all the FINAS and Filem Negara productions. Not to mention that riveting documentary on how springs are made!]
8. MPK Full Board Meeting: Parking woes, errant [bus] drivers and Klang Sentral (Malay Mail) – The MPK is bent on moving buses to Klang Sentral at the expense of commuters – rather than improving the situation in Klang through enforcement and other measures.
9. New design of Platform Screen Gates at KL Monorail Station Bukit Bintang