1. Letter: Pickpockets on the prowl (The Star) – Hanif Hussein writes a letter reminding users of public transport (and public space in general) to be aware of their surroundings.
2. Article: Cheaper ride to Ferringhi (NST) – RapidPenang Route 102 (Penang Airport – Teluk Bahang) was launched on 15 March 2010. You may also wish to read ‘Rock Route’ 102 to ply Teluk Bahang tourism belt in The Star. For more information about RapidPenang bus routes, please visit www.rapidpg.com.my, the RapidPenang facebook page or Twitter Feed.
[TRANSIT: TRANSIT thanks RapidPenang for the invitation to the launching and we are sorry that we were not able to ‘rock out’ with you.]
3. Letter: Improve system or abolish bus lanes (The Star) – Richard Y.W. Yeoh of Petaling Jaya responds to this letter, Bus lanes worsen congestion at Syed Putra. TRANSIT’s response to this issue can be found here.
4. Article: Prasarana to build RM3m integrated terminal in Penang (Business Times) – about the proposed integrated terminal at Weld Quay.
5. Article: Rapid Penang to hit the roads in all NCER states (Business Times) – Rapid Penang will expand service to other states in the Northern Corridor Economic Region.
6. Article: Motorised trishaws debut (The Star) – semi-motorized trishaws have been introduced to Kuala Terengganu.
7. Hotline Story: No small change (Malay Mail) – a complaint about a Rapid bus driver not providing change
[TRANSIT: public transport users should please note that Rapid does not provide change. Rapid should note that if they would reintroduce the Touch ‘N’ Go system alot of these hassles related to money and fare payment could be avoided].
8. Blog: Petaling Jaya Utara MP Tony Pua complained about taxi services at the Duta bus station.
9. Article: Issue discounted tickets, firms told (The Star) – the CVLB reminds bus and taxi operators to issue the appropriate discounts for senior citizens, children and OKU.
[TRANSIT: If you have a complaint about this issue, please contact CVLB’s hotline at 1-800-88-9600, send an SMS to 15888 (preceed your complaint with ADUAN LPKP) or email firstname.lastname@example.org.]