TRANSIT decided to take a look at the Prasarana and RapidKL tender pages once again, to keep up with some of the proposals.
We found some really interesting projects that are up for tender or have closed recently.
And in keeping with the spirit of the new open, transparent procurement & tendering process introduced by the Prime Minister (myProcurement) – we would like to invite Prasarana and RapidKL to create a procurement page, which has tenders and also has the results of the tenders.
That way the public, media and government will be much more aware of the projects that are underway, who has been awarded the contract, etc.
For an example, see the Procurement & Contracts Awarded page of the Iskandar Development Region
Recent Prasarana Tenders
- Refurbishment and upgrading of Hang Tuah LRT Station, Ampang Line (English / BM) – Closing 28 May 2010 ;
- 70 units of 8m long, Completely Knocked-Down (CKD) diesel-powered city buses for RapidKL (English / BM) – Closing 21 May 2010;
- Full setup train driving simulator! for Ampang Line (English / BM) – Closing 17 May 2010;
- Intelligent CCTV System for RapidKL buses (English / BM) – Closed 6 May 2010;
- Covered walkway from Bandaraya LRT station to the DBKL building (English / BM) – closed 16 April 2010;
- Covered walkway between Medan Tuanku Monorail and Sultan Ismail LRT station (English / BM) – closed 9 April 2010;
- Sub-contract works for the construction of a 6 floor parking lot at Terminal Putra (Gombak) station (English Part 1, 2, 3 / BM 1, 2, 3) – closed 26 March 2010;
- Fleet tracking system for buses (English / BM) – Closed 1 March 2010;
- Proposed bus depot for Shah Alam including workshops, store, washing area, Puspakom inspection centre + more (English / BM) – Closed 4 January 2010;
- Refurbishment and upgrading of Cahaya LRT station (English / BM) – Closed 7 December 2009
Recent RapidKL Tenders
We could not access the information for RapidKL tenders at the RapidKL tenders page – but there is a link to the Prasarana tenders page.
When we talk to Prasarana we are told that lots of projects are coming up and improvements to the public transport system can be noted (have already happened) and more will be happening.
Unfortunately, it can be tough to get details – but at least we are able to say that we know Prasarana is making an effort to improve public transport.