In a move that will come as a surprise to many following public transport, the Malaysian media are reporting that the KTM station in Tanjung Pagar, Singapore, will be relocated to the Woodlands Checkpoint on 1 July 2011.
This is part of the Points of Agreement (POA) signed in 1990 on the status of the Tanjung Pagar railway station and the KTM railway lands in Singapore, between Woodlands and Tg Pagar – at the time it was only decided that the station at Tg. Pagar would be relocated, but not where it would be relocated to.
Articles & Commentary:
The articles, blog posts and commentary below reflect feedback on the transfer of the Tg. Pagar railway lands from KTM to the proposed M-S Pte. Ltd. entity, to be jointly owned by Khazanah (60%) of Malaysia and Temasek (40%) of Singapore.
- KTM land deal with Singapore: Why Malaysia could be missing the opportunity (Airkosong.com);
- Did Najib swap KTM land to settle RM363b debt? (Free Malaysia Today);
- Is Tanjung Pagar swap another Limbang? (Free Malaysia Today);
- Pak Lah: It must be a win-win solution for us and Singapore (The Star);
- Traders unsure about their future (NST);
- S’pore, KL in for smooth, happy ride (NST);
- ‘Settlement fair, beneficial’ (NST);
- Malaysia tidak rugi, kata MB Johor (Bernama);
- KTMB station in Tanjong Pagar to relocate to Woodlands by Jul 2011 (The Edge);
- Singapore-JB rapid transit system by 2018 (Malaysian Insider);
- KTM Tg Pagar station will move to Woodlands in S’pore July 1, 2011 (The Star);
- KTM to move station to Woodlands (NST);
- Najib-Lee meet expected to resolve KTM land issue (The Star);
TRANSIT will give more details as we have the information.