1. Article: Discover Ipoh by Bike after a short train ride from KL (The Star) – Sam Cheong writes of a trip to Ipoh using ETS and a folding bicycle.
2. Article: Govt may ban electric bicycles (The Star) – The Ministry of Transport has expressed that they may ban electric bicycles because they are not the same as motorcycles/electric motorcycles and there are safety risks if these bicycles user motorcycle lanes. Electric Bicycle User of Batu Caves responds with this letter and Cheryl of Kajang writes this letter as well.On Sunday Y.S. Chan wrote this letter.
There is also a follow-up article, Electric bike ban unfair, say riders and producers in The Star.
[TRANSIT: Instead of finding ways to improve electric bicycles and make sure that they are driven safely, the government decides that a ban is a simpler and easier solution. Look for a comment on this subject from TRANSIT soon.]
3. Letter: TBS: 1st class facility and 3rd world mentality (Malaysiakini.com) – Upset Student complains about his bad experience at Bandar Tasik Selatan including an attempted pickpocketing and being overcharged by taxi drivers operating out of the terminal.
4. Letter: Bus terminal needs proper signage (The Star) Minna Chiew of KL complains that there is no proper signage for drivers who wish to access Terminal Bersepadu Selatan, echoing a previous complaint from another driver.
5. Hotline Story: ‘Where’s my paid bus ticket?’ (Malay Mail) – Sean Chang of Setapak complains about not being issued a ticket for his RapidKL bus trip.
6. Hotline Story: Bus stop turned into dumpsite (Malay Mail) – Amran of Rawang, Selangor, complains that bus patrons have been using a concrete box (a planter, perhaps) as a garbage dump.
[TRANSIT: Have you seen a similar action at your local bus stop? Please complain to your local council as well, since local councils are responsible for maintaining bus stops.]
7. Article: Bus rams into van but no one hurt (The Star) – TAPAH: Twenty-seven passengers of an express bus escaped unhurt when the vehicle rammed into a van.
The accident happened at 1.45pm yesterday at KM332.8 of the northbound side of the North-South Expressway (NSE). The passengers in the van escaped unhurt.