1. Article: Lounge around in a Rapid bus (The Star, 3 June 2011) – RapidPenang introduces RapidMobile, a “lounge” with a Blaupunkt Stereo system.
[TRANSIT: You have to admire their creativity.]
2. Article: CURTAINS DOWN (NST 31 May 2011) – an update on the upcoming closure (at the end of June 2011) of KTM railway stations at Tg. Pagar and Bukit Timah in Singapore – with two excellent photos!
3. Article: Public transport upgraded to be more disabled-friendly (The Star, 30 May 2011)
4. Article: Penang Hill funicular train resumes run after brief hiccup (The Star, 3 June 2011)
The Following 3 articles are “feel-good articles” to remind the public of what the government is doing to improve public transport:
5. Article: ITT now in full swing (The Star, 1 June 2011)
6. Article: Big thumbs-up for new Puduraya terminal (The Star, 1 June 2011)
7. Article: BET minimises commuting time (The Star, 1 May 2011).
8. Blog: Green Lane: RM27m to ease jams – and then what? (Anilnetto.com, 23 May 2011) – Blogger Anil Netto questions the Penang Government’s plans to implement congestion reduction measures on Green Lane.
9. Article: Bus terminal ready next year (The Star, 1 June 2011) – The much awaited RM38mil Ipoh Integrated Bus Terminal and Complex in Bandar Meru Raya (formerly Ipoh Sentral) is expected to be fully operational by June next year.