1. Article: Causeway Link to use Second Link beginning today (NST, 16 August 2011) – Ten additional Causeway Link buses will begin the rounds from Gelang Patah and Bukti Indah to Boon Lay MRT Station in Singapore, Mondays to Fridays, from 5am to 9am and 4pm to 10pm. For more information visit the CausewayLink website. You can also read this article Cross border bus services for shoppers (The Star, 19 August 2011) about new cross-border “shopping bus” services between Singapore and the Johor Premium Outlets.
2. Article: Strike threat by school bus operators over new policy (The Star, 14 August 2011) – School bus operators in Penang are reported to be planning a strike after Hari Raya to protest a decision to bar buses aged more than 30 years.
3. Article: Commission warns school bus operators against boycott (The Star, 17 August 2011) – The Land Public Transport Commission (SPAD) will take stern action against school bus operators who are rumoured to be planning for a boycott.
4. Letter: Taxis: Check on errant radio cab companies (NST, 15 August 2011) – Azmi Atan of Petaling Jaya comments on taxi-related issues.
- Taxi drivers seek better benefits and payments (NST, 15 August 2011)
- KL, S’gor taxi drivers want Govt to address their problems (The Star, 14 August 2011)
6. Article: More progress on track as rail ridership increases (The Star, 15 August 2011)
7. Artikel: Parking di stesen KTMB Bangi di naik taraf (Utusan Malaysia, 15 Ogos 2011) – parking at KTM Station Bangi will be upgraded.
8. Hotline: Rail problems being looked into, says KTMB (The Malay Mail, 15 August 2011)
9. Article: KTM offers 4,404 additional tickets to East Coast (NST, 16 August 2011)
10. Letter: Stage bus saga (The Malay Mail, 16 August 2011) – YS Chan of KL argues for improvements to stage bus services.
11. Letter: ERL: Travel card not a stored value ticket (NST, 17 August 2011)
12. Artikel: Rayu pondok tunggu bas (Utusan Malaysia, 18 Ogos 2011)
13. Hotline: Duo’s bus woes (The Malay Mail, 19 August 2011) – two more complaints about bus services and an interesting revelation about Metrobus.